Thursday, March 28, 2013

Altered chairs

Like many of us, I am a total Pinterest addict. One of my resolutions is to actually do some of those projects I pin. I got inspired by many many altered chairs on Pinterest and started with decoupaging. never did it before and loved how easy it was and how it resulted in such awesome products!
I also pinned some homemade decoupage glue or Modpodge. Even better to make it and use some cheap glue instead of the expensive originals.
So here I am sharing the result and the recipe for homemade decoupage glue. If you like to get more inspiration and you are on Pinterest: Just do a search on decoupage and chair and you will love what you see. Some are real pieces of art.

The high chair is the one for my DD Jinte and the other one is one of our old dining chairs that DS Joram (12yo) uses as a desk chair.

This is my secret on the decoupage glue: worked like a charm: One part of water and one part of white craft glue. I used the cheap glue form the dollar store. I made an entire jar of decoupage glue for a little over a $1 and used one of those foam brushes to apply it.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I am more than willing to help!











2 comments:

  1. Very creative stool. I like this kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job, I'm definitely going to try this. I'm also a new follower of your blog. Not sure why it took me so long to realize you had one! LOL. Great job. Hugs. xo

    ReplyDelete