Tuesday, May 03, 2011

National Scrapbooking Day (month) at Let's Scrap

I am the first one to admit I have been a lousy blogger lately. I can come up with so many excuses, but I won't. So let's just start talk scrapping!!!!

The 1st of May was the day the National Scrapbooking Day (NSD) activities started at Let's Scrap. But don't let that little word 'day' fool you, we have activities the whole month of May!
We have found some of our DT members, our formers Dt members and even members to host a challenge. There's a total of 10 challenges and 2 sketches and then there's still the regualr weekly sketches. There's also a bingo game hosted by Betty Anne. I can honestley say we have some fun challenges gonig on, I am truely impressed.
I have been without my mojo for a couple of weeks but I am glad to say that it came back on the day NSD started at Let's Scrap. So far I have been able to do a challenge and a sketch.
I was able to take some fun pics of the kids in the last couple of weeks and I really wanted to scrap those.
The first LO I did (with a sketch) was made with a pic from DD Jinte whenre she is covered with all the jewelry she has. Ever since she was just a little girl she loved necklaces, so by now she has quite a collection of jewelry. One morning I was baby sitting the 4yo of a friend and she played with Jinte and her jewelry for the longest time. At a certain point I looked at the kids and I had to run up and get my camera.

CS: Bazzill

Patterned paper: Pink Paislee, Fancy Pants, KI Memories, Around the Block*
Cardstock borders: Bazzill
Brads: K and Company, Basic Grey, BoBunny
Stickers: American Crafts
Misc: Glimmermist

NOTE: Manufacturers marked with an * are not in business anymore.

I had the handheld mirror cut and sprayed the inside silver with glimmermist but it still looked naked. I showed my DS Joram and he said: You need to add something there. So I cut a flower and added it. He was right, it looks so much better.
Flower and handheld mirror are cut with the Silhouette Machine, who has finally got a new blade.
LOL, I just saw that I took detailed pics of my LO when the mirror was still empty, so without the flower. I won't change it, now you can also see what it looked like before Joram gave me his creative advice. 

Thanks for keeping up with my blogging irregularities and I hope you will have a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. isn't Jinte just the sweetest lil girl !!!..so glad to hear from you..special hugs to you xxx bettyann

    ReplyDelete