Tuesday, February 08, 2011

My guy, the hockey goalie

The other day I worked on Bev's resolution for the Let's Scrap blog hop and I was amazed how it turned out! Her challenge was to work with blue, yellow and white, using a Let's Scrap sketch and a black and white photo. Well, blue and white are not a problem at all, two of my faves to work with. But yellow: Ouch, that is such a hard color for me. I will never buy yellow paper or embellies and never scrap with yellow. The sheets of cardstock that I have that are yellow are just there because they came in a collection pack or stack.
But as we all know many lines of scrapbooking paper are double-sided. One of my favorite brands, October Afternoon has a beautiful line with blues, greens and yellow! And I had some paper left from previous layouts and they were perfect for this challenge.

This is what I came up with. I had this photo of DH Richard from 1991 (can't believe that is already 20 years ago, guess we are getting old, LOL) as a goalie in his college days. Love this pic! The photo came in black and white, so I did not make any adjustments to it.
I did not want ot use a piece of cardstock that was yellow so I did an old technique to spice it up a bit. I used ink and a straw to make the blurs of yellow. Remember those days in elementary school? It turned out pretty cool, I will definitely do that again.
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: October Afternoon, Fancy Pants
Stickers: Prima Marketing, K and Company, October Afternoon, Making Memories, EK Success
Misc: Rub-ons, sewing machine

The word 'guy' was cut with the Silhouette.

Bev: Thanks for this challenge! To all of you: Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie..beautiful page..love the details...yes we are all getting better not older lol..have a great week..

    ReplyDelete