Monday, December 20, 2010

Scrapping with recycled items

This weeks challenge at Let's Scrap is a real fun one: Use recycled items. I had this tag in my stash for such a long time. It came from a dress shirt I bought a long long time ago and I have always wanted to use it on a layout but never got around to it. So this was the perfect challegne for me. The tag contained two parts: A piece of ribbon with 'with a touch of silk' on it and a piece of organza with 'avec une touch de soie' (with a toch of silk in French) on it. The organza piece even has a rhinestone on it.
Last week I shot the perfect pics for this layout.

Chipboard: Making Memories
Rhinestone title: Me and my Big Ideas
Ticket: Silhouette print and cut
Pearl flower: Basic Grey
Glitter: K and Company
Butterflies: Silhouette cutting file
Misc: Bling, sequins, homemade glimmermist

If you want to see the tutorial for my homemade glimmermist please read HERE. I am always amazed how good it works. I only bottle of the 'real' stuff I bought is the Marshmellow White. I saved soooo much money on this idea! (which I can spend on more scrapbooksupplies, ha!)

The weekend is almost over. Enjoy this last week before Christmas. Don't let the stress take over. Try and relax while doing your last minuyte shopping by going for a cup of coffee at you favorite place! Just sit for half an hour and read a magazine or something. Those 30 minutes won't do anything to your schedule, trust me!  

5 comments:

  1. w0w!! your blog is so nice.
    I love itXD
    visit mine when you're free??http://imbazx.blogspot.com/
    THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Debby that has to be the cutest photograph ever !!!! I like to reuse some of the stuff that comes with my purchases also...have a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year..cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout Debby, the picture is so cute and I love the recycled tag.

    My dear friend I want to wish you peace, love and wonderful times with your Family and Friends during this holiday season.I am so glad that we have become friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout! Thanks for the Christmas wishes! Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas! It's actually snowing in Georgia so lots of little smiles over here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The papers and the design are gorgeous and your colouring is fantastic as always.
    Merry Christmas,

    ReplyDelete