Sunday, November 28, 2010

'Vintage' Halloween pictures

This last summer while visiting my inlaws in Canada my MIL suggested Iwould go through the boxes with pictures and take some home that I liked. Well, if you are a scrapper you must know what that feels like: HEAVEN! There were tons and tons of pics. Lots of very old ones (from people I did not know) but also tons from DH Richard. I took quite some pics home (Thanks Janny!) and last night I scrapped some of them. These are two pics taken at Halloween half way down the seventies. There have the typical size of pics in those days. At first I wanted to crop the white borders of (they still have those black cut marks on them) but I decided to keep them the way they were. No cutting!

The little boy is my DH and the other is his older brother John. Aren't they the cutest?
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: Lily Bee Design, Daisy D's, Creamotion (a Dutch brand)
Transparency: Hambly Screen prints
Stickers: Wordsworth

The title was cut with the Silhouette. I used a sketch from Let's Scrap as a base for this layout. And last but not least: I only used leftover papers fro this layout! I really need to dig a hole in that big pile of paper that only has a little piece cut out, or just halves. And since I really like to combine patterned papers from different lines and different companies: I decided not to get to the unused patterned papers. The only thing I will be using 'unused' is the cardstock that I use as a base for my layout (yeah duh................)


Sunday is almost over here. For all of you: Have a great week!  

www.tips-fb.com

2 comments:

  1. Great layout, I think you were smart not to cut the borders, they take you back in time, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout Debbie, the older pictures of you hubby are terrific and I love the paper you used.

    ReplyDelete