Monday, October 11, 2010

Another sock Monkey (+instructions) / Nog een Sokaap (met instructies)

I made another Sock Monkey. And I have to say: This one is soooooo cute. I made this one from a small pair of girls socks (I think it would be the size of a girl about 10 yo) and the monkey is about 7" high (from head to toe). I think these are Mary Engelbreit socks, they do have those colors. Please correct me if I am wrong.


Other than my first three monkeys I made this one with the sewing machine and oh my gosh, is that ever fast! I think the whole monkey took me about an hour. Ofcourse you still have to attach the arms, tail and ears by hand but making all the parts with the machine is a huge timesaver. There are so many instructions out here so I am not going to make my own (just call me lazy). The first set of instructions I am posting I found somewhere on the internet and I love the way they look. I you look on the left bottom of the right page you can see the date of publication: November 1955. Isn't that ever cool?
Though this is the the prettiest set of instructions I have they are not really too clear. So please forget this one and look at the second one. They have much more detail so you know how to cut and sew. If you decide to make one: Please show me the results! I would love to see what you came up with.

Have a good week!


Ik heb weer een Sokaap gemaakt en ik moet zeggen: Deze is echt superschattig. Deze heb ik gemaakt van een paar meisjessokken (ik denk ongeveer maat 36) en de aap is ongeveer 18 cm hoog (totale lengte). Volgens mij zijn de sokken van Mary Engelbreit want dit zijn wel haar kleuren maar daar kan ik me ook in vergissen. Anders dan de andere drie apen die ik eerder heb gemaakt heb ik deze met de naaimachine gemaakt. En jeetje, wat scheelt dat een hoop tijd! Natuurlijk moet je nog steeds de armen, staart en oren met de hand aannaaien maar het feit dat je alle lichaamsdelen met de machine kan doen! Ik denk dat ik in een uur klaar was met de hele aap. Over tijd besparen gesproken. Er zijn denk ik duizenden instructies voor het maken van een sokaap op het internet dus ik ga ze zeker niet zelf maken (of noem me gewoon lui......). De eerste afbeelding met instructies heb ik ooit ergens op het internet gevonden en die zien er zo geweldig uit. Als je op de rechterpagina liksonder in de hoek kijkt zie je de datum er afgedrukt staan: November 1955. Echt helemaal geweldig!
Maar ondanks dat het een van de mooiste afbeeldingen met instructies is die ik heb is het zeker niet de duidelijkste. Dus als je van plan bent om een aap te gaan maken gebruik dan niet de eerste maar de tweede afbeelding met instructies. Die laat veel beter zien waar je moet knippen en naaien. Als je besluit om er eentje te maken laat mij dan het eindresultaat zien: Ik zou het heel leuk vinden om te zien wat jullie hebben gemaakt!

Een hele fijne week!
The DIY Show Off

The Girl Creative

1 comment:

  1. so cute Jinte will love it..must get back to my sewing machine..I am in the middle of making a 'Cuddles the Dog"...take care...did you celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete