Saturday, September 25, 2010

Etching glass with Silhouette, a price and an award / Glas etsen met Silhouette, een prijs en een onderscheiding

Geeh, this post is going to be filled with lots of stuff. I have been looking for glass etching cream for the last week and today I finally found it (I have to be more specific than this: I found it online no problem, but I thought it would be easier to pick it up locally) Since I discovered that my dear Silhouette can also make templates for glass etching I wanted to try so bad.
It is much easier than I thought. You make a template out of Silhouette vinyl and stick that on your glass and use the etching cream according to its manual and voila: I etched my first glass! I must admit: I was pretty excited when I found out it was so easy and the results are so cool! Think about all the cool gifts you can make with this option. I started with some cheap glass bowls because I did not want to buy a huge glass bowl and than figure out it was not as easy as I thought and just pour $50 down the drain. I tried taking a good picture from the final result but that was actually harder than the etching part, LOL. So I apologize for the pic, I did not get it on too good. The etching part on the glass is about 4" wide and 1" high. I can really recommend it to everybody. There's one con though: The etching cream is really expensive, I paid $45 for a jar. Though you don't really need a whole lot and technically you can scrape the used cream back in your container and use it over and over again (at least that is what it says in the instructions).

Today I found out that I won last weeks challenge over at Let's Scrap! I must admit I hardly ever look at who the winners are and winning is not really the reason why I joined Let's Scrap or post my layouts there. But then again: It is fun to win! It is my second time winning something there and this time it is a gift cetificate for A Cherry on Top. I love ACOT, they have a great selection but their shipping rates are really high. I'll post the layout and the challenge I won with tomorrow.

Today I also found out that I was given an award by my dear friend Betty Anne. Betty Anne has a great blog you should pay a visit and she is also a member of Let's Scrap. I always love to read her stories and really have the feeling I got to know her a bit over the last year. Thanks for the award Betty Anne!
By getting this award you have to pick 15 other blogs and hand them the award. Geeh, that is really hard. If I did not get the award from Betty Anne, I would definitely give it to her. There's not too many blogs I really follow and some of them are already awarded by Betty Anne. So my list shrunk down to 10.

Here's my list. There is no peticular order here, just random:

Rose
Elise
Caro
Scarlett
Amie
Beth
Cori
Aymee

Some of you might think: 'What is BettyAnn doing there? Well, this is the story. Two of my followers (and probably the ones who leave the most messages) are BettyAnn and Betty Anne. They are both from Canada (BC and ON, so not too close, LOL) Don't forget to vist all the blogs and become a follower if you like them.

For all of you: Have a good Sunday and let's start a friendly week!


Jeetje, dit bericht komt vol te staan met verschillende dingen. Ik ben de afgelopen week naarstig op zoek geweest naar glasetscreme (zeg dat maar eens tien keer snel achter elkaar) en heb het vandaag eindelijk gevonden. Okay, iets specifieker: Ik had het allang online gevonden maar dacht dat het makkelijker zou zijn om het bij de lokale detailhandel te kopen). Toen ik erachter kwam dat mijn allerliefste Silhouette ook sjablonen voor het glasetsen kan maken was ik verkocht en ben ik op zoek gegaan.
Het is eigenlijk nog vrij simpel ook: Je maakt met Silhouette vinyl een sjabloon en plakt dat op een glad en volgt verder de aanwijzing van je etscreme. En dan is het resultaat echt helemaal geweldig! Kun je je indenken wat een geweldige kadootjes je met deze optie kan maken? Ik ben begonnen met een paar goedkope schaaltjes omdat ik niet wilde dat ik erachter zou komen dat het toch wel heel moeilijk was en ik dan een schaal van 50 euro naar de maan had geholpen. Ik heb geprobeerd een goede foto te nemen maar dat was geloof ik nog moeilijker dan het hele etsen. Dus mijn excuses voor de slechte kwaliteit van de foto, ik kreeg hem echt niet beter. Het ge-etste gedeelte is ongeveer 10 cm breed en 2.5cm hoog. Ik kan het echt iedereen aanraden. Toch is er wel een nadeel: Ik heb 38 euro betaald voor de etscreme. Maar je hebt helemaal niet veel nodig en als het van je glas afschraapt en het terugdoet in het potje kan je het steeds weer opniew gebruiken (dat staat tenminste in de gebruiksaanwijzing).

Verder kwam ik er vandaag achter dat ik een uitdaging heb gewonnen bij Let's Scrap. Ik moet toegeven dat ik bijna nooit bij de winnaars kijk. Ik hoef helemaal niet zo nodig te winnen en dat is ook niet de reden waarom ik mijn layouts plaats. Maar laten we eerlijk blijven: Het is natuurlijk wel heel leuk om te winnen. Het is voor mij al de tweede keer dat ik bij Let's Scrap iets win. Dit keer is het een kadobon van A Cherry on Top. Ik vind ACOT een geweldige winkel met een ggeweldig assortiment maar de verzendkosten zijn echt superhoog. Ik zal morgen de layout en de uitdaging waar ik mee heb gewonnen laten zien.

Vandaag kwam ik er ook achter dat ik een onderscheiding heb gekregen van mijn goede vriendin Betty Anne. Betty Anne heeft een geweldig blog die je echt eens moet lezen. Ik hou van haar verhalen en heb het idee dat ik haar en haar familie al een beetje heb leren kennen het afgelopen jaar. Bedankt voor de onderscheiding!
Als je deze onderscheiding krijgt moet je 15 blogs noemen die van jou weer de onderscheiding krijgen. Natuurlijk zou Betty Anne er eentje van me krijgen, ware het niet dat ik hem al van haar had gekregen. Dush et kiezen van blogs was niet zo heel makkelijk. Ik volg niet zo heel veel blogs en een aantal van de blogs die ik volg heeft Betty Anne al een onderscheiding aan gegeven. Dus mijn lijst is gekrompen tot 10 blogs.

Hier is mijn lijst (in niet willekeurige volgorde):


Sommigen van jullie zullen denken: Wat doet BettyAnn dan nu weer op jow lijst? Nou, dat zit zo: Twee van mijn volgers (en zeer zeker degenen die de meeste berichten achterlaten) heten
BettyAnn en Betty Anne. Ze komen alletwee uit Canada (BC en ON dus niet te dicht bij elkaar). Vergeet niet om een kijkje te nemen op de bovenstaande blogs en als je ze leuk vindt wordt dan een volger.  
Voor iedereen: Een hele fijne zondag en laten we een hele vriedelijke week ervan maken!

4 comments:

  1. Nicole11:34

    Wat gaaf !!!!
    Kei leuk gedaan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debby, I have arrived here via Betty Anne's blog award. Your blog is lovely and I enjoy your work at Lets Scrap. When you have the time I would love you to visit my blog http://scrapnforfun.blogspot.com.
    Have a good week. hugs Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations...I will go over to Let's Scrap to see your layout.. cheers bettyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, that etching is soo cool!! I have never wanted to get a Silhouette and now I do...omgosh! The bowl looks fabulous. 2nd - BIG huge congrats on winning over at Let's Scrap! That is awesome. And congrats on your award. I have to agree I just love coming here. And lastly, thank you my friend for the award in return! I will proudly blog about it. HUGS

    ReplyDelete