Friday, June 18, 2010

Double masking technique / Dubbele maskeertechniek


On this layout I tried a new technique, the double masking technique. Yesterday I posted about this technique and the great tutorial on Midnight Rooster and I right away gave it a try. I love how it turned out. Especially because my turquoise Glimmer Mist on the craft cardstock turned out exactly the same color as my patterned paper. The photo's are from April 2009 when Joram and his friend Nienke were having fun with Duplo (I know they should be way too old for that, but they still like it) I used a card sketch from Let's Scrap as inspiration for this layout. I love these kind of sketches because they give me the possibility to have a lot of 'white' space on my layouts. And another good thing: I used all paper scraps for this layouts! I am getting better with that and one day I will finish all my scraps....................

Cardstock: Bazzill, K and Company
Patterned paper: Rusty Pickle, Daisy D's, My Little Shoebox
Stickers: SEI
Rub-ons: K and Company
Tickets: Jenni Bowlin
Acetate shapes: Heidi Swapp
Bling: Basic Grey
Epoxy tag: Lil Davis
Metal tag: Making Memories
Buttons: Papermania
Border punch: Fiskars
Misc: Ribbon, bling, staples, embroidery thread

(NOTE: the companies that have no links attached are companies that went out of business)

The weekend has started! Have a good one!



Op deze layout heb ik een nieuwe techniek geprobeerd; de dubble maskeertechniek. Gisteren heb ik ook al over deze techniek geschreven en over de geweldige werkbeschrijving die ik had gevonden op Midnight Rooster. Ik ben er gisterenavond gelijk mee aan de slag gegaan. Ik ben erg blij met hoe het is geworden. En helemaal omdat de turquoise Glimmer Mist op de kraft cardstock exact dezelfde kleur is als mijn dessinpapier. De foto is in april 2009 genomen toen Joram en zijn vriendin Nienke aan het spelen waren met Duplo (Ik weet het; ze zijn eigenlijk veel te groot voor Duplo, maar ze spelen er toch nog steeds heel leuk mee)
Ik heb een kaart schets van Let's Scrap als inspiratie gebruikt. Ik ben gek op schetsen als deze omdat ze me de mogelijkheid geven om veel 'witte' ruimte te creeeren. Iets anders: Ik heb alleen maar restjes papier gebruikt voor deze layout: Het gaat ooit opkomen..................

Cardstock: Bazzill, K and Company
Dessinpapier: Rusty Pickle, Daisy D's, My Little Shoebox
Stickers: SEI
Rub-ons: K and Company
Tickets: Jenni Bowlin
Transparante vormen: Heidi Swapp
Bling: Basic Grey
Epoxy label: Lil Davis
Metalen label: Making Memories
Knopen: Papermania
Randpons: Fiskars
Overig: Lint, bling, nietjes, borduurzijde

(NB: De producenten waar geen link aan vast zit bestaan inimddels niet meer)

En het is weer weekend: Geniet ervan!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool, Debby, thanks so much for playing along...glad you enjoyed my tutorial...LOVE the cluster with the turquoise-misted circle and the white outlining looks fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout Debby, I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw this sketch on "let's scrap" and came over to visit your blog. i've never thought of writing out all the materials i use on a layout in my blog but what a great idea, everyone else will know what i used and its a great reference if i ever want to create a similar look! oh i'm going to have to start doing this for sure! thanks for the idea and i love love this sketch, the colors, composition and the candid photos!
    some of my favorite layouts are with crazy candid photos!

    ReplyDelete