Thursday, April 15, 2010

Leigh vs. Laundry: The happiness Project

The other day I stumbled upon this blog called Leigh vs. Laundry (GREAT blog title by the way!) and I started reading and got all caught up.
Every Tuesday Leigh hosts the Happiness Project and I decided to play along. Mainly because I think that nowadays we tend to think too much about the negatives in our lives and forget how much we have to be grateful for.
For me; I have a kick **** DH, a great 9 yo son Joram and a great almost 9 month old daughter Jinte. Even though there were and will be struggles in our lives there's also enough things to be grateful for and to be happy about.


Photobucket






Today I was able to make some pictures of the blackbirds nest in our backyard. Mommy was out for some food and I took the shot. I used DS Joram's camera so I could reach in the bushes and still get a decent shot. The photo is not totally focussed but alas................ I knew she was sitting on eggs but now we know that there are four!
I just hoped I did not disturbed Mommy so she wouldn't come back. Thank goodness she did come back.
A photo that makes me happy!


Laatst kwam ik op een blog genaamd: Leigh vs. Laundry (geweldige blogtitel trouwens) en was gelijk verslaafd. Iedere dinsdag doet Leigh het Happiness Project en ik heb besloten om mee te doen! De belangrijkste reden hiervoor is dat ik vind dat we teveel nadruk leggen op het negatieve in het leven en te weinig dankbaar zijn voor alles wat we hebben.

Als ik naar mezelf kijk: Ik heb een gelwedige man, een super negen jarige zoon en een super 9 maanden oude dochter. Ondanks dat we best onze tegenslagen kennen en hebben gekend is er toch heel veel waar we dankbaar voor kunnen wezen.

Vandaag had ik de mogelijkheid om foto's te maken van het merelnest in onze achtertuin. Moeders was even van het nest verdwenen en ik ben gelijk met jorams cameraatje in de pergola geklommen om foto's te nemen. Ik had Joram's camera omdat ik dan beter door al het groen kon. Mijn camera is daar echt te groot voor. Ik wist dat ze op eieren zat maar ik wist alleen niet hoeveel.
Ik hoopte dat ik haar niet gestoord had zodat ze nietm eer terug zou komen maar gelukkig was dat niet het geval. Een foto die me blij maakt!

No comments:

Post a Comment