Friday, April 16, 2010

Free pattern baby dress / Gratis patroon babyjurkje


The other day I bought a new sewing machine. I had a very good one but somehow it does not work properly. I had several people taking a look at it and no one could figure out what was wrong. After I bought the new machine I right away looked for fabric to make DD Jinte a cute little summer dress.
I came across this cute fabric and decided to buy it and just start sewing. I am not a experienced sewer but I always thought I should try more. Well, now I did.
Ofcourse I did not have any pattern or instructions for a dress so I started Googling for a baby dress pattern. I came on this website, Made by Rae, where a (FREE) pattern for a baby dress was posted. The cutest little dress and the pattern was pretty simple. (I needed a simple pattern, LOL) The pattern is for a newborn but Jinte is still so small that she would fit it no problem. 
Well, Rae was right: The pattern was pretty simple and her instructions were very good. I understood it all and the final result looked like a dress and did not fall apart after taking it of my sewing machine. No, I am kidding, it looks very cool, I love the fabric and Jinte looks great with bright colors!
If you are interested in the pattern please visit Rae at her website Made by Rae, you can find the pattern and instructions for the itty-bitty-baby-dress HERE   

Have a good weekend!

Ik heb van de week een nieuwe naaimachine gekocht. Ik heb wel een hele goede maar er is iets mis met de draadvoering en ondanks dat er verschillende mensen naar gekeken hebben doet ie het nog steeds niet goed. Nadat ik de machine gekocht had ben ik natuurlijk gelijk op zoek gegaan naar stof. Ik wilde een stofje voor een leuk zomerjurkje voor Jinte.
Ik vond een geweldig stofje en ben gelijk begonnen. Ik ben niet zo heel ervaren in naaien maar vind dat ik het meer zou moeten oefenen. Dat heb ik dus gedaan!
Ik had natuurlijk geen patroon voor een jurkje en ben gewoon gaan Googlen voor een leuk patroon. Zo kwam ik terecht op de website Made by Rae waar een (GRATIS) patroon opstond voor een geweldig leuk jurkje. Ook was het niet een heel ingewikkeld patroon. Het jurkje was voor een pasgeborene, maar Jinte is heel klein en kan dat makkelijk aan.
Nou, Rae had gelijk; het patroon was heel simpel en de instructies die er bij staan geweldig te volgen (wel in het engels) Ik begreep alles en de jurk viel helemaal niet uit elkaar toen ik het klaar was. Nee, gekkigheid, het jurkje ziet er geweldig uit, ik ben blij met het eindresultaat en Jinte staan felle kleuren heel goed!
Als je geinteresserd bent in het patroon ga dan naar Rae's website, Made by Rae, je kunt het patroon en de instructies HIER vinden.
Een heel fijn weekend!



4 comments:

  1. Debbie..you are too modest..you did a fab job with Jinte's summer dress...it is sooooo cute!!!! thanks for the link..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY to modest!!! I can't sew even if my life depended on it! This is an adorable dress and I adore the fabric choice! You did an outstanding job Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole09:43

    Nu nog even een foto met de jurk aan he. Hij is echt kei gaaf. Op naarje volgende project.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, This is so cute. I love the colors and the little owls.

    ReplyDelete