Sunday, February 21, 2010

My favorite layouts / Mijn favoriete layouts



On the boards at Let's Scrap a question was posted about your favorite layouts. I have been thinking about that before and even though I have so many layouts there's always a couple that are still my favorites. Not so much because of what they look like but more the meaning behind them. Both layouts were made in 2008 but still give the same feeling when I look at them.
The first one is about the fears that you have when you are a mother. I don't think I have to explain that feeling to a mother. This is what the journaling says:

No one told me that motherhood would bring about so many fears
I fear those who would cause harm to others
I fear the horrible things that are happening in the world today
I fear losing you
I am afraid of what might happen when you are out of my sight
I am afraid of doing the wrong thing as your mother
I fear not being able to protect you
But I will ALWAYS try

The second one is maybe less interesting but it helped me seeing some things more clear. I have been taking high doses of anti-depressants ever since 2005 and for quite some time needing those meds really felt like failure. Over the years I came to realize that I need them and they just help me to lead a normal life. I probably will be taking them my entire life but if that makes it possible to lead a 'normal' life, who cares? Again, it took me forever to think this way.

For the 'My Fears' layout:

Cardstock: Bazzill
Stickers: Doodlebug

For the 'I need them' layout:

Cardstock: Bazzill
Chipboard: Basic Grey
Stamp: Heidi Swapp
Misc: Bling




Op het forum van Let's Scrap werd gepraat over je favoriete layouts. Ik heb daar al vaker over nagedacht en ondanks dat ik inmiddels een helboel layouts heb zijn er altijd twee die er voor mij blijven uitspringen. Nog niet eens om hoe ze er uit zien maar meer om de bedoeling en het verhaal wat er achter zit. Beide layouts heb ik in 2008 gemaakt maar ik krijg nog steeds hetzelfde gevoel als ik er naar kijk.
De eerste gaat over de angsten die je hebt als moeder. Dat hoef ik niet uit telggen, als je moeder bent dan begrijp je gelijk wat ik bedoel. Dit is de tekst die ik erbij heb geschreven (vertaald)

Niemand heeft me ooit verteld hoeveel angsten het moederschap met zich meebrengt
Ik ben bang voor mensen die anderen iets aandoen
Ik ben bang voor de vreselijke dingen die er vandaag de dag in de wereld gebeuren
Ik ben bang om je te verliezen
Ik ben bang voor wat er met je kan gebeuren als je uit mijn zicht bent
Ik ben bang dat ik de verkeerde dingen doe als moeder
Ik ben bang dat ik je niet kan beschermen
Maar ik zal het ALTIJD proberen

De tweede is misschien minder interessant maar deze heeft mij erg geholpen een aantal dingen duidelijker te zien. Sinds 2005 slik ik hoge doses antidepressiva en een hele lange tijd heb ik die afhankelijkheid van medicijnen gezien als falen. Door de jaren heen heb ik geleerd dat ik die medicijnen nodig heb om een 'normaal' leven te leiden, niks mis mee dus.
Nogmaals, het heeft een eeuwigheid geduurd voordat ik dat zag.

Voor de 'My Fears' layout:

Cardstock: Bazzill
Stickers: Doodlebug
voor de 'I need them' layout:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Chipboard: Basic Grey
Stempel: Heidi Swapp
Overig: Bling

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, you are right we all have fears. I have been taking anti-depressants for a few years..they also help me live a normal life...I am doing yoga and working on positive thoughts..take care..

    ReplyDelete