Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Hello Cupcake

I am an absolute sucker for cookie recipe books. I can spend an whole afternoon in the cookbook section of the bookstore. Over the years I have collected quite some cookie and cake recipe books but one of my favorites of all time is 'Hello Cupcake' by Karen Tack. Even if you don't bake it's an amazing book to look at. What I really like about the book is that you do not need any fancy tools and supplies, just Scotch tape and Ziplock bags and you can make all the creations you can think of. Just like his mom DS Joram also is fond of baking books and I remember us sitting on the couch in the bookstore just looking through the book and debating which ones we were going to make. Well, today was my first try. Joram needs a treat for going around his class next week (on his birthday) and I thought cupcakes would be cool. I decorated three (and we ate all the other cupcakes just with icing) and I was pretty content with the final result. Joram decorated another one and he made such a cool one. So this coming monday I will be in the kitchen the whole night (it was fun fun and not hard at all, but it took a long time) I also wanted to share a photo of Joram and Jinte in the tub. Jinte is getting to big for the baby tub so she will be having her baths in the big one from now on. Joram does not mind at all, he loves to play with his sister.




Ik ben echt verslaafd aan receptenboeken van koekjes en taarten. Ik kan een hele middag doorbrengen in de boekwinkel kijkend naar en bladerend door kookboeken. Door de jaren heen heb ik er aardig wat verzameld. Een van mijn favorieten blijft toch wel 'Hello Cupcake' van Karen Tack. Zelfs als je niet van bakken houdt is dit een geweldig boek om naar te kijken. Wat ik heel erg goed vind van dit boek is dat je alle creaties can maken met niets meer dan Scotch tape en Ziplock zakjes. Je hebt dus helemaal geen ingewikkelde gereedschappen nodig. Joram is, net als ik, ook gek op boeken over bakken en ik kan me nog herinneren dat we met dit boek op de bank in de boekhandel zaten en te praten over welke we zouden gaan maken. Nou, vandaag heb ik mijn vuurdoop gehad. Joram is volgende week jarig en er moet dan natuurlijk in de klas getrakteerd worden. Ik dacht dat cakejes wel een goed idee was. Ik heb drie cakejes versierd en de rest hebben we met glazuur opgegeten. Het viel me niet tegen. moeilijk was het niet, maar het kostte wel veel tijd. Joram heeft er ook nog eentje versierd en die was helemaal geweldig.

Ik sta dus aankomende maandagavond de hele avond in de keuken. Ik wilde jullie ook nog een foto laten zien van Joram en Jinte in bad. Jinte wordt te groot voor het kleine badje dus ze moet nu in het grote bad. Joram vindt dat helemaal niet erg, hij vindt het heerlijk om in bad met zijn zusje te spelen.



1 comment:

  1. I go crazy in the baking and cooking section of my library..that book is so much fun..I loved and copied receipes from the book "Babycakes" vegan..interesting...love your cupcakes what fun...Jinte is growing so big...thanks for visiting..

    ReplyDelete