Thursday, January 28, 2010

Aaaaaargh..................cardstock too thick / Aaaargh, cardstock te dik

I had this great idea for a layout with a tree cut with my Silhouette. The picture was from Joram and my niece and nephew in the woods and the tree I wanted too cut was one with lots of brenches and flowers. Very cute. After a search I finally found the right shade of green and was ready too cut. For those who own a Silhouette know that cutting a big and complicated design can take a while. When my lovely machine was finally done cutting I found out that I did not set the cutting right and the design was not entirely cut. I tired to cut it by hand with my X-acto but unfortunately that did not work. I got so frustrated that I just pulled (ripped) the whole design out of the cardstock. Ofcourse it was all ripped and torn but it actually looked kind of cool. So I decided to use it anyway.


I covered the cut (Or do I say ripped, LOL) design with fine glitter and the same I did to my Thickers who were originally grey fabric. I also glued  some glitter to my flowers


Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: Making Memories
Stickers: American Crafts Thickers
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Brads: Cloud Nine Design, Imaginisce
Border punch: EK Success
Misc: Button, glitter, Waxy Flax by Scrapworks





Ik had een geweldig idee voor een layout met een boom gesneden met mijn Silhouette. De foto was van Joram met zijn neef en nicht en de boom was een boom met veel takken en bloemen. Echt een hele mooie. Na een speurtocht tussen mijn cardstock had ik eindelijk de juiste kleur groen gevonden en was klaar om te gaan snijden. Iedereen die een Silhouette bezit weet dat het snijden van een grote en ingewikkelde afbeelding best even kan duren. Toen mijn allerliefste machine eindelijk klaar was kwam ik erachter dat ik de verkeerde dikte van mijn cardstock had ingesteld en dus niet de hele afbeelding was uitgesneden. Maar standvastig als ik ben: Ik zou hem met mijn mes nog wel even uitsnijden. Dat lukte niet echt (of eigenlijk helemaal niet) en ik raakte zo gefrustreerd dat ik mijn hele afbeelding uit het cardstock trok (zeg maar scheurde). Natuurlijk was hij helemaal gescheurd en kapot maar zag er toch nog wel gaaf uit. Ik besloot hem dan toch gewoon te gebruiken.

Ik heb de boom bedekt met glitter en de alfabetstickers ook (Dat waren grijze stoffen Thickers). Ik heb ook wat glitter op mijn bloemen gelijmd.

Cardstock: Bazzill
Dessinpapier: Making Memories
Stickers: American Crafts Thickers
Bloemen: Prima Marketing
Brads: Cloud Nine Design, Imaginisce
Randpons: EK Success
Overig: knoop, glitter, Waxy Flax by Scrapworks




This is the leftover piece of cardstock from my diecut

No comments: